Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas Jars

There is a mason jar sitting on the counter in my mom's kitchen. Well, I'm not so sure it's still there or what the contents of it may be but I didn't really get it until today after I finished reading a book.

My mom the past several years has given each of the kids a book for Christmas. I don't recall if it was last Christmas or the Christmas before that but the book she gave me is called "Christmas Jars", by Jason F. Wright. In the year or more since I've had this book, I have not picked it up once to read it. I'm not quite sure why I waited so long to read it but today I needed something to read while at work. Before I left for work this morning, I picked it up and once I sat down at work, began reading. It's an easy read, I thoroughly enjoyed the story and finished the book before lunch.

The story is about a woman who receives a jar full of coins and bills on Christmas Eve at a time when she really needed it. She begins this journey to find who gave it to her and why. A very touching story with an easy to follow plan. I think this year, beginning December 26th, I'm going to try to do what was done in this book. Perhaps my mom tried to explain to me what it was for, and perhaps I didn't quite understand. Now I do and am resolved to do this small deed. We'll see how I do in a year.

I recommend checking the book out. I have it if anyone would like to borrow it. Like I said earlier, it's a very easy read. Most of you are probably faster readers than I am so if I can pound it out in a few hours, I'm sure you can in just as much time, if not faster. If you decide to read the book, I then challenge you to do the "Christmas Jars".

No comments: