Saturday, July 26, 2008

Been Awhile

Wow. It's been quite awhile since I last posted. Nothing has really changed lately. I got an e-mail from Linda asking me to write a letter to another birthmom who is struggling right now. I hope that what I had to say will touch her in some way. My mom talked to one of the ladies at LDSFS and gave her my number to call if they need someone to sit on a panel for them. I'm excited. One of the things I miss about living in Utah is being so involved with adoption presentations. Oh well.

Alex and I are starting to freak out a little about finishing paying for the wedding. Well, I guess I am the one who is freaking out more or less. I don't know where the time has gone. I feel like not that long ago we were looking at a year before our wedding date and now here we are creeping up on 3 1/2 months. I'm excited, anxious and I think a little nervous. Our situation is a little different than that of any other relationships I know. We're not in a typical mormon situation and not in a typical "of the world" situation. We live together, albeit in different rooms, but we don't have sex. Not many people I know that have gotten married have been in my shoes. We talked about it the other day and I know we'll be ok. There are just a lot of unknowns right now. I'm not sure where we'll live or if we're staying in Vegas. It's all good though. Things have been working out for us and I know we've been blessed so much already.

1 comment:

James and Cindy said...

Everything will be alright. Its amazing what happens and what doors or windows open when you are doing what you are suppose to be doing. I love you both!!!!