Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Burns No More

My sister and I love to bake and decorate cakes. Well, we are amateurs but we have fun and enjoy learning each time we have the opportunity to make a cake. My reasons for cake baking and decorating started with wanting to be the best mom ever and create amazing birthday cakes for my children. Cindy, my sister wanted to start a company. She was asked by a lady in our ward to do her daughter's wedding cake. She agreed and is doing it free of charge. As a matter of fact, my sister has made several cakes free of charge prior to me moving down to Las Vegas. Well, now we have an opportunity to create a cake for our first paying customer. I'm pretty excited and I hope it all works out. It is for a co-worker of my husband. I stayed up late last night trying to come up with a cake design that would fit what they wanted. As we have thrown around the idea of an actual business name Cindy came up with Burns No More. It has a double meaning for us. Our maiden name is Burns and we are both married now so we ar eno longer Burns. Also, Burns No More is to mean that people don't have to worry about burning themselves anymore because we're taking care of their baking needs. I don't know if it will every turn into anything big but I hope we can enjoy the ride.