Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Today is December 1st, just in case you haven't looked at a calendar yet. By far, this is my most favorite month. Baking goodies, Christmas trees, Christmas music, decorations, lights galore, and there is just something different about this time of year. I look forward to it and it always amazes me how I think it's never going to come and then all of a sudden, BAM! It's Christmas! Then the day comes and goes and New Years comes and goes along with the decorations, the tree, the music and that little something special in the air. I always get a little sad to see it go once again.

We have this family tradition that has been around for as long as I can remember where we get our Christmas tree the first Saturday in December. There have only been a couple of times where I haven't gotten a Christmas tree on the first weekend in my adult life. This year, rest assured, we are getting a Christmas tree on the first Saturday (2 days away! I'm so excited!!!). There is nothing like the smell of a real Christmas Tree, I guess I was always spoiled with a real one growing up. I don't mind the needles and the watering, it's all totally worth it.

So, in honor of this marvelous day, the first of December, I think some baking is in order. I mean, goodies and December go hand in hand like peanut butter and jelly. You can't have one and not the other! I hope your first day of December turns out to be a fantastic day! Happy Holidays!

No comments: