Friday, June 29, 2012

Raegan Maree


Ms. Raegan Maree made her appearance on June 12. She came into the world while I was watching the NBA playoffs. It was game 1 of the Thunder and Heat series. I had to do something to keep my mind off of pushing. That's right. I was told not to push because if I pushed, she would come and the doctor wasn't ready for her to come yet.

 Labor to delivery was about 6 hours and the last part went extremely fast. I won't bore you with the details but after baby number 2, I've decided if and when we have baby number 3, Alex just needs to leave the room to go eat. With Erick, the nurse told him to go get something to eat because he had time before I delivered. No sooner had he made and paid for his sandwich did the hospital call him several times on his phone and page him over the intercom system because it was time for me to deliver. He had to come running through the hospital to make it in time. With Raegan, it was an all to familiar story. I was dilated to a 6 and had been for hours. I told my husband to go eat with his dad and step-mom because I clearly wasn't going to dilate from a 6-10 in an hour. He proceeded to the cafeteria and ate his dinner. However, in the short hour or so he was gone, I managed to go from a 6 to a 10. Yep. I told the nurse I felt pressure, she checked me and I made that phone call to my husband saying he needed to high tail it to the room.

Fastest delivery yet! One push and a grunt and she was out. Spitting image of her brother but in a petite girly way. She weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces. Smallest baby for me and my family. She's precious. I adore her and am completely head over heels in love with her. Erick is so sweet with her, always wanting to give her kisses on her head and asking to hold her. I am blessed. Amongst the trials, I look at my kids (when they aren't screaming and crying) and feel like a lucky woman.

No comments: