Tuesday, June 5, 2012

7 Days and counting

Today I am 38 weeks pregnant. My actual due date is June 19th but I have an awesome dr who is going to induce me at 39 weeks. So, in one week from today, we will welcome our second child into the world. A baby girl. Her name will be Raegan Maree (for those that didn't already know). We're not quite sure how our 2 1/2 year old is going to adjust to the new addition but we are hopeful that things will go well knowing that there will be good days and bad days.

One of things I really wanted to have happen before Raegan came was to master potty trainng with Erick. I had heard so many different stories about boys taking longer, if you start at 2 plan on going until 3 and if you start at 3 plan on ending at 3. With Alex having lost his job, once we ran out of diapers for Erick, we decided to just try and potty train him. Alex was the patient one. I figured I would just try after the baby came because my patience was so low. The first couple of days were a challenge because we were trying to do it our way. If it's one thing I've learned most about my son through this experience is that he is one who will do things his way on his time. Lucky for me, it was time to potty train and he was ok with that, we just had to learn to let him tell us when he needed to go. We're still working on the pooping part but we've totally got the pee thing under control and I am loving it. He is becoming such a big boy each day and I am amazed. Now that we're a week out from Raegan coming, I am hoping that he doesn't revert once she gets here.

I'm excited to watch the two of them grow together. There are a few things that we still need to do before next week and we're slowly working on them. Very slowly! I just hope reality hits soon. I am having a hard time grasping that we're going from a family of 3 to a family of 4. Excited but it just doesn't seem real. Nine months has gone by so quickly and it doesn't seem like it can be time so soon but it is and I am ready to evict this little girl from my belly!

No comments: