Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

I can't believe 2009 is now over and it's 2010. This past year has brought some big changes for us. We moved from Las Vegas to Salt Lake and we welcomed our little baby boy. Erick Robert Loa was born December 22, 2009 at 4:08 p.m. He weighted 8lbs 15oz and was 21 inches long. He gave us a bit of a scare while I was in labor but everything turned out well and he is doing amazing. My dr and the on call pediatrician cleared us to leave the next day. We were in the hospital for less than 24 hours after Erick was born and I'm so glad that they didn't make us stay longer. It was good for Alex and I to be home, in our beds, in our little comfort area with our son.



We had Alex's mom, dad and his wife Barbara here along with my parents. It was a full house and a bit crazy at times. Now, everyone is gone and it's just our little family. It's been a good day and we're loving having our little baby boy here now. Erick has been very mellow and when he's awake, he generally is just sitting there with you looking around. So far, he sleeps pretty well at night and doesn't even really wake up to eat. Alex and I feel so blessed as we have received so much help from our families. I'm excited to see what the new year brings.

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Congratulations! He's so cute!! So happy it all went well.