Monday, April 11, 2011

The Growing Little Man

Lately, I have been amazed at how much Erick is growing and learning. He's picked up the word baby and says it all the time. It's so cute! He'll sit in the car and just repeat all the words he knows, "momma, dada, oma, opa, baby, apples, nana, papa" again, it just melts my heart. He's come to have an obsession with balloons. There is a local grocery store called Maceys and they give free latex hellium balloons to little kids. Well, one day my son noticed the big mylar balloon they had on display and wanted one so I got him a balloon. I had no idea it would keep him so entertained! If he's not in a regular cart with a balloon to keep him occupied, he's either in the car like cart or pushing the cart.
 






He's also a huge fan of the outdoors. Some people can get their kids at this age to watch a movie so they can get a few things done. Nope, not this kid. He won't sit down and watch five minutes of anything. He would rather be outside playing. This, I love. Well, some days it's frustrating when it's cold and yucky outside and I need to get things done. But, most of the time I love it. I have a feeling that this summer he will be dad's best friend when he's cutting the grass because he can ride on the John Deer.
My little baby isn't such a baby anymore. He's growing into such a little boy more and more each day. I don't care how old he gets, he'll still be my little baby.

No comments: