Tuesday, April 27, 2010

To add or not to add

So a couple of months ago I logged onto facebook one day and noticed I had a friend request. My interest was piqued as it always is when there is a friend request. I open up the notification to see that the request has come from someone that I am none too happy with. OK, lets back up a bit. We will call this person Miss X. 

A few years ago one of my brothers met a girl online. They chatted back and forth for I don't know how long. She had questions about the church and my brother answered whenever she did. Eventually he flew out to where she lived and they met, he baptized her once she decided she wanted to become a member. I thought she was a nice girl, my brother seemed to like her and all seemed well. This particular brother of mine is very smart and picks things up quickly. An opportunity arose for him to go to work with one of my great uncles doing surveying for cell sites in the south and it eventually took him up and down the east coast. This provided him the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Miss X. Along the way I think they started dating and I do believe they started falling in love with each other. Now, I'm not so sure what happened but Miss X decided to go back to her husband. My reaction??? WAIT!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!! SHE'S MARRIED!?!?!?!? Ya, I was shocked to say the least. So Miss X captured my brothers heart and then threw it on the ground and did the Mexican Hat Dance on it. If there is one thing you don't do, it's mess with my brothers! You will forever be on my bad side. 

My brother finishes working for this particular company and comes back home only to say that he's decided he's not going on a mission. Which is fine but then he takes a turn down a path I didn't see coming. Now, I understand that my brother is a big boy and he's responsible for his decisions but part of me blames Miss X for screwing with his heart and head and ultimately sending him to the lifestyle that he led for awhile. He knows how I feel about her, I've told him as much. 

OK, so fast forward to me opening the notification. I think to myself, OH HELL NO!!! I denied that request faster than I could read her whole name. Why on earth was she trying to add me as a friend? About a month later I was at my sister's house (where this particular brother happens to live as well) and she mentions she got a request from Miss X to be a friend on facebook as well. She denied her. Now this brother of mine said she had started texting him and he wasn't replying and she tried to request him as friend and ultimately he added her. So now, she has again requested to by my friend. I don't understand why. Why is she trying to come back into our lives? My brother pretty much wants nothing to do with her yet he added her so here I am, do I deny her because of my dislike or do I "add" her because my brother did and if he can add her then why can't I? The request has been sitting there as I'm not sure what to do. It wasn't my life she screwed with but like I said, DON'T MESS WITH MY BROTHERS!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that makes me mad that she would even try to do that! she is crazy and messed him up. i almost asked him about her the other day but decided i didnt want to even bring her up. but this answers my questions!

James and Cindy said...

I don't want Miss X involved in his life. Its kind of like another brothers situation. I feel that she screwed up, she knew what she had and got scared and went back to her safe zone which wasn't her happy zone. She finally realizes it and wants back! NO!!! He will make his own decisions, but he knows how his sisters feel and well it would be tremendously hard for her to be back a part of our lives if that is what he chose.

Janice said...

I'm sure that a lot of people have had the same dilema... If there's even a slight hesitation, I say deny! Some people aren't worth your time~ even if you do forgive and forget, you're past that phase of your life and should be moving on. Your bro should know that too!