Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finally!

So far through out this pregnancy, I have not had the energy or motivation to do much of anything. Once in a while I'll get enough energy to do more than the bare minimum but typically, it's hard to just keep things in order.

Lucky for me, last night I slept like a baby. Maybe it was because I had gone days, even weeks without a decent night of sleep. I woke up once but fell back to sleep quite quickly. When I woke up this morning, I decided to get showered first thing and run to the store to pick up some blueberry muffins to go with the eggs I wanted. After breakfast, I cleaned the kitchen (which wasn't really that dirty as far as dishes go). Generally I stop after I do the dishes but today, I decided I needed to scrub the walls, the window sill, the front of the stove, clean out the top shelf in the cup cupboard and sweep and mop again. Now like I said earlier, typically I would have definitely stopped after that because I just simply didn't have any more energy. Today was different though.

I tidied up the living room, vacuumed downstairs, the stairs and then finally made my way upstairs where I tackled the ridiculous mess that is the kids room. Toys were everywhere! I think they literally pulled out every toy possible and nothing was where it was supposed to be. So, it took me a while but I finally cleaned up and organized the toys. I got the incredibly dusty ceiling fan cleaned, the tall floor fan cleaned and then vacuumed the upstairs. Amazingly enough, I still had enough energy to do a couple loads of laundry. I am amazed at what I was able to accomplish today. It has felt like a fulfilling day and I hope that there are more of these to come.

It may not sound like a lot, perhaps even a normal day for some but for me, today was a huge accomplishment.

No comments: