Thursday, March 1, 2012

Purple Yoga and Schedules

For some reason, I have really had a lack of motivation to exercise this pregnancy. With Erick, I was really good about walking. All in all, I gained maybe 15 pounds by the end of my pregnancy and 8.15 of those pounds were baby. I was so proud to be able to fit back into my pre-preggo jeans just 2 days after giving birth. This time, I've already gained 10 and really don't want to gain a lot more but still struggling to get my butt up and walk. Early in my second trimester, I decided I wanted to try yoga. I've never done yoga before but I thought it would be a good way for me to do something for me, my body and my baby.

Alex and I went to YouTube looking for pregnancy yoga dvds and found a ton of clips. One of them was for a dvd put together for all 3 trimesters of pregnancy by a company called Purple Yoga. They are a yoga company based in Honolulu, HI and the lady that did the DVD was actually pregnant with twins when she made the DVD. I went online and found that it was reasonably priced. $19.95 and free shipping, SIGN ME UP! I ordered it and was so excited when it came in the mail. I have had it for almost a week and have done it a few times. I am in love with this DVD. Now my problem is making sure I get my butt out of bed in time to do it before everyone else wakes up.

Schedules are not my forte. I do good for awhile then something comes up and I fail. So, beginning Monday (we are going out of town this weekend) I am going to try to be better about schedules. A schedule for me, and a better schedule for my son. I'm sure I am my biggest enemy when it comes to making and sticking to a schedule but it is something that is really important to me and so important for my son. I haven't really decided what that schedule will be other than I need to get my butt out of bed at 6:00 a.m. to do my yoga. Such a great start to a day! I highly recommend it.

No comments: