Friday, February 26, 2010

2 Month Appointment

Erick had his 2 month appointment on Monday. He weighs 13 lbs 4 oz, is 24 in. long and his head is in the 60th percentile. He's getting big so fast and I wish he would just slow down. About a week ago we noticed Erick was starting to have a lot of drool and creating little drool bubbles along with gumming daddy's hand. Yep, our little man is teething. Last night was what I'm sure will be the 1st of many frustrating nights. I'd given him tylenol, teething tablets, fed him and he was still fussy! Nothing Alex and I did could soothe him and as much as I was frustrated, it broke my heart. I think that when we have children we should be given the knowledge as to how to fix every problem, soothe every pain and stop every cry. Right?? I'm hopeful for today though.

Two nights ago little man actually slept through the whole night. WAHOO!!! I'm sure that there will still be nights where he wakes up to eat but can we say huge milestone!? Yesterday morning when I woke up and realized that he didn't wake up to eat I was ecstatic...and in pain :) After our long evening of crying I was sure last night was going to be awful. At about 3:30 Erick woke up crying and I gave him his binks brought him into bed with me and he fell right back to sleep. I can handle that! I think I'm going to try getting him on more of a schedule. We have our night time routine down pretty well, it's the day time I need to work on. Here's to having goals!

No comments: